1cross+3nails=4given

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Reflection



Had a great weekend. I've received my chromosomes photo from my lecture . Ya man.. aren't they beautiful ?? It makes me think of how precise God is . Imagine if one of the nucleotides on my chromosomes goes wrong? what will happen?? Mutation-cancer-death... No wonder Pastor always emphasize- You r fearfully n wonderfully made. If one day i ever doubt God, i'll look at this pic n it'll remind me that He loves me so so much n He is in control.

The sermon on Sunday hit me. It's about the power of language. Gen 11 is about the ppl trying to build a tower that reaches to the heavens. Then God confused their language n scattered them to stop them from building the tower. God gives us authority right in the beginning of Genesis to name the animals on the earth. This power of language is then misused by human with an impure heart. One verse in Genesis 11 amazed me - verse6 The LORD said, "If as one people speaking the same language they have begun to do this, then nothing they plan to do will be impossible for them. WOW!!!! i reflect it to my own life . I ask myself- what kind of tower am i building ? am i building it for God or for myself? If my motive to build this tower is to make a great name for God then nothing is impossible!! I begged God to change me n to remind me that i'm doing all this for Him alone but not for myself . This life that i have is for HIM alone but not for myself. I also asked myself- what kind of language am i speaking in my daily life? is it language of forgiveness, love, thanksgiving? or language of discontentment, conplaint, discouragement ? If i've to reflect Christ likeness in my life i have to speak a language of God - forgiveness, love ....... no more complaint but full of thanksgiving!!! Thank you Lord for this conviction!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home